As an Australian registered company, RTM is bound by the current Privacy Act, any amendments and the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained within that Act. All employees and officers of RTM are required to comply with the Act and this Privacy Statement. RTM has a Privacy Act Procedure which can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information or opinions which are collected, held, used or disclosed by RTM about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, will be protected by the standards outlined in this Statement. To deliver our commitment to privacy, we will:
• Be bound by, and comply with, the APPs under the Act in relation to personal information
• Communicate this Privacy Statement to all employees and stakeholders to ensure awareness of their requirement to comply with our privacy standards and to anyone else who asks for it
• Ensure lawful, fair and unobtrusive means are used to collect personal information that is necessary for our business purposes
• Collect sensitive information only with the individual's consent and not disclose any personal information to an unrelated third party, except with the individual's consent or where we are required to do so by law
• Take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information in a secure manner when we have no further need for it or are required to do so by law
• Ensure only authorised personnel who have agreed to keep personal information confidential have access to the information
• Take reasonable steps to keep personal information up to date, accurate and complete
• Provide individuals access to their personal information on request, and
• Periodically review and revise this Privacy Statement and related procedures to maintain relevance.
RTM recognises and respects the importance of each individual's privacy. This Statement and related procedures ensure all personal information held by RTM is handled appropriately and kept confidential.
What do we use personal information for?
Any personal details you provide will be used for the purpose of dealing with your request, enquiry, transaction or application for employment. This may involve disclosing your personal information to companies within the Company Group, or to service providers who assist us in operating our business. These organisations are required to comply with the principles of this Statement.
We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and against other misuse. When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner, in accordance with our documented procedure.
RTM is bound by the information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
How to Contact us
For further information contact us on email@example.com or alternatively you can write to Privacy Officer, Road Tech Marine PO Box 7172 Silverwater NSW 1811.